www.vintageguitarplayers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage V4MTB

3 posters

Go down

Vintage V4MTB Empty Vintage V4MTB

Post  vjahac Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Anyone have opinion of Vintage V4MTB (Tony Butler signature)? I have EJM96 which is amazing bass, but I'm big fan of precision-type basses and V4MTB is really great. So what do you think? Thanks.
vjahac
vjahac

Back to top Go down

Vintage V4MTB Empty Re: Vintage V4MTB

Post  somebodyelseuk Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:23 am

I bought one a few weeks ago. Good piece of kit.
I should add that I play guitar, and was looking to replace my knackered old cheap bass. I know the Watsons and knew Stuart Adamson. I don't really know Tony, though I have met him a few times. He wouldn't put his name to it if he didn't rate it.
It suits what I want to do with it - record bass at home and there's a kind of perverse humour in having his signature model! It'll never get gigged or leave the house unless someone borrows it, but I'm sure it would be up to it.
somebodyelseuk
somebodyelseuk

Back to top Go down

Post  vjahac Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:56 am

I appreciate your answer, thank you.
vjahac
vjahac

Back to top Go down

Post  somebodyelseuk Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:16 am

You're welcome.

FWIW, the pickups were far too close to the strings 'out of the box', but then that's true of most guitars these days. I was recording with it yesterday and having a nightmare with it overdriving the inputs... got a ruler out, checked the 'net (I'm a guitarist, so not familiar with how a bass should be setup) dropped the pickups to Fender's recommended spec, problem solved.
It's a hell of an improvement on my old bass - a Hohner P-Bass - which would have been the equivalent instrument20 years ago. I'm very pleased with it... in fact, I'm actually getting quite attached to it.
somebodyelseuk
somebodyelseuk

Back to top Go down

Post  wiselisle Sun May 19, 2013 5:37 am

I should add that I play guitar, and was looking to replace my knackered old cheap bass. I know the Watsons and knew Stuart Adamson.

wiselisle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down