www.vintageguitarplayers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superstrat love!

2 posters

Go down

Superstrat love! Empty Superstrat love!

Post  Leo Black Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 am

Let us see your superstrats (anything from the 80s to modern)! What do you like about them, what you don't, what you'd like to change? I'll start with mine: a red Washburn X-10, made in 2000, I've reshaped the headstock, painted it black, applied custom decals, changed the knobs, changed the trem block, and removed the knob from the whammy bar. I'd like to change the neck pickup, diconnect the middle (maybe replace the five-way with a three-way) and install a Floyd Rose. Pics coming soon! Very Happy
Leo Black
Leo Black

Back to top Go down

Superstrat love! Empty Re: Superstrat love!

Post  somebodyelseuk Tue May 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Not sure what qualifies as a "Superstrat", but FWIW, my main guitars are a matching pair of custom made ESPs.
They are basically Strats with a humbucker in the bridge instead of a single coil. One's red, the other bright yellow, both with black scratchplates, Seymour Duncans, master volume, master tone, 5-way, 22 fret maple neck/boards, Sperzel staggered tuners, graphtek nuts, ESPs two point Strat trem on the yellow one and six screw trem on the other.
I play all sorts of material, so though they aren't shred machines, they cover all my bases, without the need to cart around a half a dozen different guitars.
By far, the best guitars I've ever played/owned - only my Levinson Blade R4 comes anywhere close.
Cheers.
somebodyelseuk
somebodyelseuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Black Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm

A superstrat is pretty much any guitar that's shaped like a strat but deviates from it in any way that makes it more playable/versatile/flashy.
Sounds good what you've got there mate, do you have any pics? Smile
Leo Black
Leo Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down