Introduce yourself, and your axe(s)!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from the Great White North

Post  Zman on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:12 am

Hello all. My name is Brian and I am from Canada. I have a pretty decent collection of guitars. I now have a total of 20 electrics mostly Fender and Gibson, and I have only one Vintage brand guitar.
I have the Vintage Icon Gold Top in my Avatar. It is fairly rare here in Canada and I was actually looking for a Lemon Drop when I found this. I am quite pleased with the guitar and I am thinking of picking up a Vintage LP with mini humbuckers. I am looking forward to hearing feedback about the various Icon models.
Zman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi from the home of metal.

Post  Si Hope on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 am

Hi guys. Great to see the forum up and running. I'm Si Hope from Birmingham UK and I have owned a VRS 110C for a couple of years now. Could do with a set up just to get the action super low but plays real nice anyway. Chucking it through a big fat flange gets that early eighties Alex Lifeson sound a treat. Got my heart set on a VXP. Sooooon! Looking forward to popping in to the forum and hearing about your Vintage experiences etc. Cheers for now. S.
Si Hope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce yourself, and your axe(s)!

Post  Jim on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 am

Si Hope wrote:Hi guys. Great to see the forum up and running. I'm Si Hope from Birmingham UK and I have owned a VRS 110C for a couple of years now. Could do with a set up just to get the action super low but plays real nice anyway. Chucking it through a big fat flange gets that early eighties Alex Lifeson sound a treat. Got my heart set on a VXP. Sooooon! Looking forward to popping in to the forum and hearing about your Vintage experiences etc. Cheers for now. S.

Wey hey, a fello Brummie, Allllroyt mayte Very Happy
Jim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pdwin on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 am

Hi guys, I'm Alin. I am from Romania and I'm 15 years old. I've got a Vintage V100IT ( Flamed Iced Tea ) and an Ibanez SX72TBC Smile (acoustic). My amp is a VOX Valvetronix AD30VT-XL Smile .

pdwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Poland

Post  SirChrobry on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 am

Hi everyone ! I'm Thomas from Poland. I have wonderfull Vintage V100 Icon Lemon Drop.
My amp is VOX AD15VT. I would like in the future buy a V6 MRHDX stratocaster and acoustic Vintage guitar.
Hmm... what can I say more... My favourite guitar player is John Mayer Smile ( BTW - great idea to create this forum )
SirChrobry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Brum.

Post  Si Hope on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Oroight Jim. 'ow am yer?
Si Hope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello everybody!

Post  GavC on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi Everyone - I'm Gavin - finally got registered on here and I'm looking forward to chatting Vintage® with you all.

Three things - I'd like to thank Keeran for setting up this forum on his own initiative - much respect dude!

Secondly, I have to declare an interest - for those of you who don't know I am the Demonstrator/Artist Liaison guy for John Hornby Skewes & Co Ltd, the company who own the and distribute the Vintage® Guitar brand (and many others) in the UK and Worldwide.

Finally, the question I always get asked at clinics..."what guitars do you really play??"

The truth is, I play Vintage pretty much all the time. Sure I have other guitars (nothing fancy or expensive I hasten to add) but I always keep coming back to my Vintage/s! The ones I personally own are...

V100MRPGM
AV2HNF
VR2000 (x2)
VRS100TGN

My VR2000's have had a lot of cosmetic customisation, and I also have a prototype AV6 that never went into production.

Anyhow, enough of my yakking - lets boogie!

GavC

View user profile http://www.gavincoulson.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Newmountain on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi guys!

I´m Stefan from Sweden.
I have a Vintage Thomas Blug signature, and a bunch of other guitars,
The "Blugocaster" is a great guitar, especially considering the price!

As I meantioned in another thread (forgive me for repeating Embarassed) - I´d like to see a Vintage V6 Malmsteen model. Twisted Evil
I´ve never had a guitar with a scalloped fretboard. Would be nice, but I will not buy a Fender YJM.

Newmountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:08 am

Si Hope wrote:Oroight Jim. 'ow am yer?

Arr, bostin mate, bostin.
Jim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Alright?

Post  CH on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:14 am

Hello.

Last edited by CH on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

CH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi all

Post  Bogwoppit on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:22 am

Very Happy Good to be part of the fan base for the Vintage guitars. I have VS6CG with Gold Wilkinsons pickups in the best SG colour of Cherry Red. I think I want to be Angus when I grow up.. Don't think I will make it though as I'm in my Mid 40's already:-)

Anyway playing for a couple of years and still taking lessons. No band as yet however I am looking into plugging my Guitar into the PC so I can work on Jamming and the like.

I also play accoustic however thats not a Vintage make so I won't talk about that:-) usual music influences for a 44 year old and the best thing about playing the guitar is yo uwill never stop learning which suitys me just fine! How could yo uget bored of such a past time :-)
Bogwoppit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BrunoN on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:24 am

Hi people,
I am from Portugal, and my name is Bruno.
I buy my Vintage V100AW yesterdayon DV247(seel vintage very cheap), i am very exited to have it in my hands.
Smile
BrunoN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizmond on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey all,

I'm Chris, from Reading / Milton Keynes in the UK... I wanted a Les Paul for a long time but I'm not made of money. I was recommended Vintage from a couple of guitar shops on travels around the country and I eventually picked up a Lemon Drop about 3 years ago after having read the blurb about how the Wilkinson hardware, pickups and wiring gauge was meticulously copied from the original Gibson manufacturing methods.

The action, sound and sustain are amazing! If I change anything, it'll be the nut & pickup selector... other than that, I love it!! I had a fender strat copy beforehand (Peavey Falcon ... since I was 14.. am 28 now) and this blows it out of the water... the dynamics of the tones through a Marshall AVT100 up loud astonished me!

I would post a pic but... I don't know how! 8D I'm sure you know what it looks like.

Cheers, & hi again!

Dizmond
Dizmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Finally got a pic of mine, but its Vintage less atm.

Jim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  celtaidd on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:04 am

Hello, I'm Gary from Sunny Caernarfon in Wales.
My weapon of choice is a Vintage VRS 100 Green flame maple, and a joy it is Cool I've also got a pre wilkinson EST96A bass.
celtaidd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:57 am

Hi,
I'm Alex and have 2 Vintage guitars - A V300 acoustic and a V100MRJBM ICON Gold Top - love 'em both...
Alex

View user profile http://alexjpscottphotography.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ponte on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:49 am

Hi,

I'm Paul and I'm a Vintage-holic.

I currently own:

Lemon Drop
v100cs (customised like Claptons 'Beano' Les Paul)
Fender Jazz-bass style bass (think this is a pre-Wilkinson one)
VSA575

Fantastic guitars at very reasonable prices IMO.

This looks like a really good forum, thanks for setting it up Smile
ponte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlbionLass on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi,

I'm Mandy from Derby in the U.K.

Have just bought a Lemon Drop, totally loving it so far, have had a few years away from the guitar to concentrate on violin but have been lured back. Twisted Evil
The Lemon Drop is my only electric at the moment (I play a Fender acoustic). I've owned and played 3 Gibson Les Pauls in the past and while the Vintage is no Gibbo it also doesn't play like a £260 guitar either, I'm in love with the neck and playability of the Lemon Drop, also the distressed finish works for me as I was always too paranoid about getting that first ding or mark on my Gibsons and my constant babying of them seemed to take some of the enjoyment out of playing and made having spent so much money a bit of a waste. Rolling Eyes

AlbionLass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  guitargords on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Hello all.
Guitargords here from Oz!
I'm 48 and have to say as a retailer of guitars I find the vintage brand here in Australia to be fantastic value for money compared to Squires and Epiphones etc. Have about 15 in front of me everyday and could take home anyone of 'em (if I don't tell the missus) but chose my tools of trade( see below)
As a Music school owner and guitar teacher I can say I am over the moon with the tone these things have and recommend them to all my students.The VP6 is a pacifica killer.(looks fantastic buffed! Many guitar teachers use them as well.
As a part time guitar repairer I can say that after a 1 hour "Finishing Touch" set up on them(fret end dress, fret polish, neck adjustment, intonation etc) they KILL!! One student put his epiphone Les Paul $800 up against my V100 $500 and their is no difference. Even put an SE PRS up against my VRS100. I'm saving hundreds and hundreds for a similar sound.
I unfotunately have to say that I find most of them could have just a tiny bit more attention to the fret end dressing and set up. 2 left hand V100's I sold had to have saddles reversed on the bridge and still ran out of adjustment for their intonation. (Playable but not fantastic and only happened so far on the left handers) Sold a V940 bass though that had the bridge slightly off. Had to tilt and lean the saddle over to keep the strings on the neck.

My gear is as follows
2 x VRS100C (teach on one and one for stage tuned down semitone)
1 x V100WR (the mini humbuckers are the duck's nuts -the best blues tone right between strat and les paul)
1 x V52 Icon tele (stripped it down,buffed to a gloss - it is great)
1 x VGA900 acoust/elec
1 x V940 Bubinga bass (the pickups are the best - kills my ibanez dead for tone)

Also have
Jimmy Page Les Paul
Yamaha SA2100
Gibson ES335CCR
Samick strat w/EMG's(plays better than the stolen strat it replaced for 1/4 price)
Danelectro 59DC
Maton electric
Maton E325C acous/elect
Gilet parlour le acostic
Yamaha classical
Ibanez SR bass
Ibanez ATK305 bass
A few others
Amps
Blackstar CLUB40 combo
KUSTOM HV65 combo
Crate VC30 combo
Yamaha DG60 combo
Ashton Bluetongue combo You can tell I love single 12" combos.
Effects
Too many though i like my Moen blues pedal and holy choir chorus, great sound for little dollars.

Anyway - I look forward to seeing whats going with all things VINTAGE!

guitargords

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlbionLass on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi Gords,

That's certainly a nice collection you have there. What sort of music do you play?

Did you notify the issues with the various Vintage guitars to the JHS rep? I'm sure it would be helpful if these problems could passed on back to the factories.
I think it's QC issues that mainly stand in the way of Vintage becoming more widely recognized for the great guitars they can be.
(There again, dodgy QC doesn't seem to have done GIbson much harm). Rolling Eyes
AlbionLass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  guitargords on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:29 am

Hi there,
As a teacher I play a few styles but as a player I'm classic rock.
I have worked in shops for years and I have seen stuff from the"big two" and every other brand as well that "just" clears QC .
I took on vintage to sell because they are the ONLY brand to make good versions (i didn't say copies) of classic models. Vintage has yet to make it's mark in Australia and if they want to do a good job they should add 5% to the price and spend it on their fretting QC. There product would still be below competition prices by a good margin. As players we all want tone and feel- that's everything to a guitarist. Close your eyes and play and colour options, little paint splatters, crooked machine heads etc don't really matter. Tone and feel. Vintage have the tone no problems. They just have to get their necks aligned and dressed better. That's all. Jeez, send em to me and I'll dress em for $40each.
guitargords

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stooish on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Hey guys!

I'm Stu.
And in my small vintage collection I have a
VR100CR, The ZIP, and a v300 (electro acoustic)

Looking forward to being part of the forum cheers

Stooish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlbionLass on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:34 am

Welcome Stooish. Very Happy
AlbionLass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Black on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:03 am

Hi guys! I'm Leo and my small collection consists of a Washburn superstrat, a Yamaha acoustic (FG-460S) and I just ordered a V100! I, also, used to have a Fender Stratocaster (MIM, HSS) which I sold. I've been playing for 3 years and although I play pretty much everything when I'm working for others - I do a lot of session work - in my projects I play heavy metal/glam metal. I heard about vintage recently and through playing others' guitars it's become my favourite manufacturer!
Leo Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbilly deluxe on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi,im gigging a pre wilkinson V6 with modded headstock and paint and VS6,through a Peavey Bandit 65 after 20 years in the bass wilderness.Would love to see what models are out there that are'nt on the JHS website,as there seems to be more than they advertise.
hillbilly deluxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top