www.vintageguitarplayers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spear guitars - They've had some good reviews

5 posters

Go down

Spear guitars - They've had some good reviews Empty Spear guitars - They've had some good reviews

Post  Admin Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:08 am

Anyone else heard of them? I was tempted to get one until I bought my V100 Gold Top.

www.spearguitar.com

Spear guitars - They've had some good reviews Spearguitar
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.vintageguitarplayers.com/

Back to top Go down

Spear guitars - They've had some good reviews Empty Re: Spear guitars - They've had some good reviews

Post  CH Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:14 am

I remember checking these out in a Glasgow shop (then Sound Control West, now CC Music) and being really impressed - I'm sure I even took the spear catalogue away with me at the time. They looked cool as hell, and were not expensive. Don't think they still stock them though and I haven't seen them anywhere else.

CH

Back to top Go down

Spear guitars - They've had some good reviews Empty Re: Spear guitars - They've had some good reviews

Post  Jim Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:35 am

Ive just had a look on there web site, and there is some lovely looking guitars on there. Can't seem to find them available in the uk though !? Crying or Very sad
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post  CH Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:46 am

Just checked the website - weirdly the stuff they're putting out now is nothing like the stuff I saw a couple of years back ("a couple" is more likely "five or six", come to think of it). That was all madly distressed (in a good way - not 'pretend played', more like 'pretend left out in all weathers for several years'). Also, they weren't really copies as such. Looks like there's been a major overhaul - including lack of distribution.

Last edited by CH on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)

CH

Back to top Go down

Post  pmclaro Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:50 am

Here in Portugal, there are at least to small retailers (they sell only online) selling them for about 200£ or 300£, depending on the model.

One of the members from a portuguese guitar player's forum has tested one (one of the cheaper Les Paul models) and had a very good impression on the guitars.

Honestly, from what he said I think they only compete with Vintage guitars because our local Vintage importer is extremely greedy and sells the guitars more than double priced (for instance, they ask about 350 £ for the Vintage V6 models).

pmclaro

Back to top Go down

Post  Supernaut Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:16 am

Never heard of this company before but the RT Series looks AWESOME
Supernaut
Supernaut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down